[governance] EC consultation in NY: my report

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Dec 16 09:27:45 EST 2010

In message
<AANLkTi=j6YQ87-UYpyjY-H-O=jGhBGhCxoJokLWNiyU6 at mail.gmail.com>, at
23:09:09 on Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Izumi AIZU <aizu at anr.org> writes
>I quite agree with Avri in
>>> Whether the IGF can or should make decisions is still a tough call in
>>> my opinion.
>
>I don't think we can reach there nor try to get there if decisions mean
>policy matters.

For some reason I'm reminded of the debate surrounding the definition of
"GAC Advice". Is everything they say (even - 'we had a meeting in
Cartagena last week') advice? Probably not. But it's not that difficult
to sort out one from the other.

So I don't think we are talking about the sort of IGF "decision"
represented by "we'll have the next meeting in Kenya, maybe September".
Something more policy-orientated, surely?
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org