[governance] WG: Statement

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Tue Dec 14 20:00:24 EST 2010

Hi List

here is my statement for the Friday Consultations. I am unable to come to Geneva. I am with the Futuere Internet Assembly (FIA) of the EU in Gent, Belgium, where I am involved in a workhop on the Internet of Things. However I want to make my voice heard in the 17th December UNCSTD consultations. I hope the organizers will find a way to put this in record.

BTW, I did send an e-Mail to the 17 members of the UNCSTD who participated in the December 6 meeting and asked them the following three questions:

"Dear  member of the UNCSTD,

I would be thankful if you could answer the three following questions with regard to the decision by the UNCSTD to launch an intergovernmental WG on the IGF improvement:

1. Did you previously participate in the Annual IGF or its open Consultations in Geneva and if yes, in how many events you participated?

2. Did the definition of Internet Governance, as ratified by the heads of States in the Tunis Agenda during the 2nd UN World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) in November 2005 guide your decision to establish an intergovernmental working group on the IGF improvement?

3. Where do you see the extra value an intergovernmental working group brings to the process compared to a multistakeholder working group?

I thank you for your effort

Prof. Wolfgang Kleinwaechter
University of Aarhus
International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR)"

Lets wait and see if somebody will reply

Best wishes

wolfgang

Here is the list of the 17 members who particpated in the December 6 meeting (I excluded the chair/Swirzerland)

Argentina

Ms. Mariela FOGANTE, First Secretary, Permanent Mission, Geneva

China

Mr. Wang XIAOYING, First Secretary, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Cuba

Ms. Janet ROMÁN ARREDONDO, Third Secretary, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Egypt

Mr. Yasser HASSAN, Advisor, Permanent Mission, Geneva

France

Mr. Maxime GODART, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Ghana

Mr. Anthony K. NYAME-BAAFI, Minister Counsellor, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Greece

Mr. George PAPADATOS, Minister Counsellor, Permanent Mission, Geneva

India

Ms. K. NANDINI, Counsellor (Economic), Permanent Mission, Geneva

Iran (Islamic Republic of)

Mr. Alireza TOOTOONCHIAN, Second Advisor, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Israel

Ms. Rona LANGER ZIV, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Jordan

Ms. Ghadeer EL FAYEZ, Advisor, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Lesotho

Mr. Alphonce Lefeu RAMONE, Minister-Counsellor, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Malaysia

Mr. Abdul Aziz AZRIL, Advisor, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Portugal

Mr. Ricardo PRACANA, Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission, Geneva

South Africa

Ms. Tshihumbudzo RAVHANDALALA, First Secretary, Economic Affairs, Permanent Mission, Geneva

Sudan

Mr. Ali Mohamed Ahmed Osman MOHAMED, Second Secretary, Permanent Mission, Geneva

United States of America

Mr. Craig REILLY, First Secretary, Economic and Science Affairs, Permanent Mission, Geneva

     governance at lists.cpsr.org