[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Edmon mail at edmon.asia
Sat Dec 4 07:45:18 EST 2010

Hi Tina,
You mean this is not ICANN staff decision?... the requirement for confidentiality that you mentioned was a process based on the IDNC report developed by the ICANN community and the implementation plan thereupon developed by ICANN staff...
I do remember discussing precisely this issue at the IDNC (Fast Track) WG and the policy (for confidentiality) eventually set was influenced strongly by participants from the ccNSO and GAC communities.  It was an ICANN decision in some way to not have the information public...

Not meaning to nit-pick on Tina's words (ICANN staff/community), but trying to illustrate a point for why we want more participation earlier on in ICANN policy development/decision processes :-)

Very much agree with Paul's earlier point about it being more widespread for and having implications on new gTLDs (including IDN gTLDs)... so this is definitely an issue worth following through... now.  Also, since the Fast Track is an ongoing process and is under review, it is not untimely to bring it up I think...

Edmon

     governance at lists.cpsr.org