[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Mon Dec 6 13:34:55 EST 2010

There is not much point in pointing fingers. Much of the damage has been
done to both the Bulgarian application (Government's reputation) and to
ICANN (process quality, suspiction of double standards). As it was
noted, we can all learn from mistakes and the time now is appropriate to
correct the issues.

In my opinion, the fact that there is some shielding of process flow
from the non-involved parties is not bad. Bad is the lack of defined
evaulation criteria and the total lack of wider/public consultations in
the evaluation stages (not decision stages) of the process. Another bad
practice is the lack of detailed explanation after the fact. It is only
logocal, that refused applications will be reviewed by external parties
and those parties may find lack of diligency on part of the
staff/evaluation groups. What then?
If there is no procedure for explaining/justifying the opinion or
decision, there will always be the doubt that someone has done wrong.
And those concerns grow with time until at some point trust breaks.

Daniel
     governance at lists.cpsr.org