[governance] Ism or not Ism ?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Aug 17 12:07:01 EDT 2010

On 17 Aug 2010, at 09:10, parminder wrote:

> However, in my numerous discussion on MSism, those who uphold MSism generally tend to completely bypass/ ignore/ minimize this issue, which for me, and most others having suspicions about MSism, is THE central issue. This especially so because when we look at the global scene the strongest power shifts taking place today are towards mega-corps, who seen to further benefit the most from MSism.

I do believe that I discussed this issue.  Perhaps not completely of sufficinet adequately

For me what is significant about these organization is that they represent aspects of individual's participation. Just a government represent people in their identity as citizens, civil society represents people in their aspect as activists and those concerned with the myriad cil society concerns.  And commercial organizations represent people as employees and stockholders (and sometimes even te interests of the customers).

And this is just dealing with the the tripartite.  Internet Technical organizations represent people in their identity as technical stewards of the internet.  Consumer organizations represent people as consumers of the Internet. Netizen groups .....

a.

Ps. in answer to Michael G's question.  As many statekeholder groups as can organize and define themselves.____________________________________________________________
     governance at lists.cpsr.org