[governance] Ism or not Ism ?

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 12:43:43 EDT 2010

In this scenario Avri (and others) who then represents the "public interest"
that is the interest of, dare we say, the global commons, the interest of us
all over and above the narrower specific interests of those with specific
"stakes" in the outcome.

As I understand what you are saying Avri, the reconciliation of the
interests of the various stakeholders takes place in some sort of
marketplace where coalitions are built etc.etc.

I have a lot of questions concerning that but haven't we/aren't we suffering
from a near (once and future) global economic collapse precisely because
that "hidden hand" which is meant to ensure appropriately mutually
beneficial outcomes from the marketplace you are pointing to in fact turned
out to be a rather bullying fist appropriated for the benefit of the greedy
few at the expense of the blameless many.

Mike