[governance] Net neutrality on mobiles

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Aug 8 16:09:47 EDT 2010

David,

The point you are missing is that when a carrier or ISP creates a non
traffic shaped free zone for users who have exceeded download limits and
includes, say, Google and Facebook and no other search engine or social
networking site - meaning all other sites are subject to much lower speeds -
we have created an uneven playing field where it is difficult for other new
search engines or social networking sites to compete with the incumbents. To
me this is is a serious issue for innovation, free markets, and network
neutrality. .

I don't see how this is similar to customer loyalty systems or product
buyndling.

Ian

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/08/google-verizon-close-to-their>>
-