[governance] Solidarity with RDS Honduras

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:59:04 EDT 2009

Hi Carlos,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Carlos A. Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> wrote:

> Dear people,

<SNIP>

> It is obvious a clear and urgent position from ICANN against this
> arbitrary seizure is needed.

That would be useful indeed.

Even better if the GAC were to issue a statement condemning this attempted
seizure.

This is interesting timing coming the day before the end of the JPA.

In any case, as you can see here:
http://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/hn.html  the DNS servers aren't under
the control of the honduran gov't, so they clearly haven't thought this
through.

Does this mean that all Local Internet Registries (ISPs with IP address
allocations from LACNIC) will also be seized?

it's a disturbing development indeed!

--
Cheers,

McTim