[governance] Results of charter amendment vote

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Sat Sep 26 08:36:47 EDT 2009

Danny Younger wrote:
> Ian,
>
> The Charter tells us that a charter amendment must be approved by no less than two-thirds (2/3) of the members of the IGC.
>
> To put to rest any concerns that we might have, would you might be good enough to tell us
> (1)  the total number of IGC members
> (2)  how many votes were cast in the affirmative and how many in the negative on the day that the coordinators decided to extend the election.
>
> One would hate to think that the election process was gamed through the extension of voting so that the 2/3 threshhold could be met.

Surprise - I do not know what kind of election system is being used, but
I hope it is a system where some basic confidentiality is maintained - I
thought I was casting a secret ballot, no?

Or was somebody checking the ballots as they came in, day-by-day,
putting then into a bookkeeping system on who voted when and how? I hope
that this was NOT the case - and if it was, I strongly suggest that we
will use a different electoral system next time.

Norbert Klein

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial of the Mirror:

Pchum Ben – Days of Gathering to Make Offerings for Those Remembered and for Those Forgotten – Sunday, 20.9.2009
http://tinyurl.com/n8v8fa

(To read it, click on the line above.)

And here is something new every day:
http://cambodiamirror.wordpress.com