[governance] Results of charter amendment vote/Apartheid

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 26 09:19:47 EDT 2009

Norbert & Danny,

The record is quite clear here.  When I was being obsteperous about the vote extension I did so with the particular determination to make certain there was some record of circumstances and justification.

The circumstances were made clear: "Everyone extends voting deadlines" and "there are extenuating circumstances that prevented members from voting on time" (Of course Rui's tyrade of insults against me was not justification, just annoyance that I would question our rulers)

The above makes very clear that a tally of voting was kept. And more importantly that it was made known who was not able to vote within the deadline.  Otherwise there would have been no reason to extend.

Apartheid. I have been studying all of ICANNs refusal to allow for a vote. And the categorization of who, what, when and how people vote there and found this remarkable similarity.  http://www.africanaencyclopedia.com/apartheid/apartheid.html