[governance] Letter to Rod Beckstrom - The GA

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 20 16:11:39 EDT 2009

Bertrand,

This response is no joke either.  There was a place called the General Assembly within ICANN. It was dismantled but not destroyed. It was the place for interested non-affiliated individuals to participate in ICANN without endorsing it. In the 2006 restructuring it was denuded. But for some MOU reason it was left as a skeleton. It has been kept alive though beaten and censored and whipped into submission. It is part of the GNSO.

http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm 2006 XX5.1 and X3.4

http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/index.html#200709

It even has rules, like here - that are seldom followed, but there.
http://www.geolang.com/draftGAListRules5.htm

If you doubt my history or the existence Check with past Chairmen; Gaetano and Younger.
Every CEO, Chairman and GNSO Chair has participated there. If you think it does not have an impact check with Avri and Beckstrom who have recently posted there.

Those of us there have fought hard and diligently to keep an open forum alive in ICANN.  There is a place to work within ICANN without endorsing ICANN.