[governance] Dynamic Coallition on ICANN Accountability and International Conformity - IAIC

Danny Younger dannyyounger at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 18:08:46 EDT 2009

Hi Avri,

There are many legitimate reasons for delaying comments until the last moment.  In this particular case, those of us that follow accountability issues understand that the first real test of ICANN's current Independent Review Process comes next Monday 21 September when the .xxx dispute (the ICMregistry-versus-ICANN case filed on 6 June 2008) is heard by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution in NYC.

My own view is that it makes little sense to amend the bylaws to create an Independent Review Tribunal as an accountability mechanism when we haven't even had a chance to analyze whether the current IRP works sufficiently or is somehow deficient.

-- danny --