[governance] FW: Internet Users Globally

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 19 11:08:48 EST 2009

This argument line is specious. Direct use and consumption of a good or service is not any kind of test as to it's viability or value to a society.

Do we say that since only 2% of the population uses  syringe(s) to inoculate thousands that the regulation and governance of medical appliances is not relevant?  Do we say that because only the supplier uses a telecommunication device to supply food more efficiently and less expensive that the telecommunication device is not relevant to the eater?
Are police academies not relevant to the safety of a small child?

In fact the complete opposite is true. The need for intermediaries and those skilled is the only reason to allow all of us pontithicators to have any say in governance. The fact that the hunter and gatherer brings home the food from the forest does not obsolve or relinquish the right and duty of the homemaker to manage his forest and fields. And since facts and opinions without study and understanding are more dangerous than helpful, I tolerate all of you speaking for the consumer ;-) You all be careful that I do not come up with an instant vaccine against ignorance, lest and whilst you be out of a job.