[governance] What happened? Moral & ethical Commercialization of

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:58:40 EST 2009

Hi Eric -

Natu-rally (really) I read your posts, and since you have been so kind to
promote * Respectful Interfaces*  (please join), it would be so
healthy-day-endorphin-promoting to see my name mentioned, by you, along with
others named here (just examples of course) ... and you would (will?) be
adding a woman!  And amenable to being funded.  Both.  And more.

Very best wishes,  and lets all meet up otherwhere, Linda.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Eric Dierker
<cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Are human rights for sale?  Is Internet Governance for Sale?
>
> In fact most people working hard and with reasonable conscience get paid by
> someone to do such work.  So in essence Rights and Governance are for sale.
> Should we care if someone encroaches into this forum to sell a product to
> further their agenda for Rights and Governance?
>
> There are a few of us that do not make this an economically influenced
> behavior. Jeff, myself and Karl come to mind.  However even they are "in
> the biz" so to speak.  Milton and Ginger survive off the "grants"
> "endowments" and various types of fund raising through publications.  Some
> here are paid by Orgs such as ICANN and the UN or a NIC or international do
> gooders group.
>
> Is not the poster and commercializing from a more grass roots level the
> same thing?  Is not hawking and promoting tangible goods in order to provide
> funding for causes the same as working for a University or Foundation --
> that raises the money through huge machines and established wealth.
>
> Certainly it is wrong to condone the paid for parry and party over to the
> "Neema" (sic) Bay, while accepting our brothers misfortune to raise money
> the old fashion way by selling something, that also raises awareness, and
> then condemning it.
>
> I am fortunate enough to have spent some time in an Academy and earned a
> degree equivalent in Public Safety - common as "security". My government
> paid, so as to have "civilians" capable of rendering deniable criticism.
> Please do not blame or elevate the hardworking flatfooted blue collar
> security persons to find reason or justification for actions. They are
> soldiers and not commanders - no one got hurt and safety was maintained.
>
> I am convinced that mega-Corps, Universities and Mega-Govs spend my money
> to promote their Ideas. I am equally convinced that in finding respectful
> interface for diversity we must also respect divergent means of funding.
> We should be tolerant and try to find ways to incorporate the funding into
> the message to find a higher transparency and yet preserve purity and
> altruism.

LDMF.