[governance] JPA response - second draft for comments

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Fri May 29 08:39:29 EDT 2009

Hi Ian,

On May 29, 2009, at 10:35 AM, Ian Peter wrote:

> Hi Anriette,
>
> I still believe that the JPA can be ended, subject to ICANN agreeing
> certain binding conditions. That I think is a far preferable
> arrangement if
> it can happen.

Among whom would the binding conditions be agreed?  In what form?  How
would their implementation be monitored and assessed?  What
consequences would flow from failure to implement?  And so on...we're
not going to get consensus on a statement that's based on abstractions
and leaps of faith.  What's really needed is some serious
brainstorming on 3.0 architectural options that are responsive to what
goes on within the organization and to the growing intergovernmental
machinations outside of it (witness this week's CSTD meeting etc).
Can we do this before June 8?

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org