[governance] JPA response - second draft for comments

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Fri May 29 00:41:22 EDT 2009

I would remove the following paragraph: ...

>IGC notes that the Internet is still in early stages of development, and is
still in the process of rapid evolution. This poses difficulties in determining
any model as the appropriate one in the longer term, and indeed we think the
imposition of a permanent model at this point of time would be counter
productive. Rather, we think the establishment of firm principles to guide the
evolution of a model is the appropriate way to proceed. ...

-
As a recipient of such a letter I would question;
[3 general confronting debate prose.]

What do you have to offer? (what can the IGC do for me)
What do I have to gain? (from the IGC)
You'll have nothing to gain from me. (the IGC will not have our assistance)
-
Or maybe just;

The IGC thinks/belives the establishment of firm principles to guide the
evolution of a model is the appropriate way to proceed.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org