[governance] JPA

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Wed May 27 11:33:46 EDT 2009

The admnistrative law virtues are somewhat common in the common and civil
law worlds, although the constutional structures in which they are
embedded vary; the good news is that there has been convergence on human
rigths norms, so the variance in administrative law is more along a
sliding scale of willingness to question authority than it is as to what
the nature of the rights are.

At the end of the day, yes, someone is privileged.  But that is better
than everyone being a loser, which is what happens if you have a
decracinated system.   Even the unprivileged are better off in a
nationally-rooted system than in any of the non-rooted alternatives I have
ever heard advanced.   Be a Rawlsian. Think of the position of the worst
off person.  The nationally-rooted option wins hands down.

--
http://www.icannwatch.org   Personal Blog: http://www.discourse.net
A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin at law.tm
                        -->It's warm here.<--