[governance] JPA

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon May 25 17:30:38 EDT 2009

I think the point here is that it was for the Indians to decide, not the
colonial masters. Indians took their independence, they were never ³granted²
it and probably would have never been were it not for a strong movement.

If there is an analogy here, I think ICANN should pursue a policy of
satyagraha (non violent resistance) if the colonial powers decide to
continue the JPA. ICANN should adopt an appropriate form that brings on
board all stakeholders into such a strong coalition that eventually there
will be no choice but to change. I can see Paul Twomey in his loin cloth
already....

Ian Peter