[governance] China: "we don't agree that the IGF should

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu May 14 09:40:11 EDT 2009

At 07:39 14/05/2009, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
>For those who didn't follow the open consultation meeting yesterday,
>China became the first to openly oppose the continuation of the IGF:

This was expected. We still have one year to technically correct the
roots of this "monopoly". It actually results from the Internet
technology unilateralism empowered in the lack of OSI Layer 6
"presentation". This question has lead to the blocked debate at the
IETF WG/IDNABIS opposing france at large to Vint Cerf (VP, Google). The
question is simple : is the way humanity express itself in the
digital space and era to be unique and controlled by the US industry
leaders gathered in the Unicode consortium and/or in the Internet Society?

States are human national communities' self-power on their weapons.
That weapons are physical, intellectual, virtual. War is only the
continuation of diplomacy with other means. IGF is the much needed
consensual step before diplomacy is needed.

Time has come to impose some control on some large pirate gangs who
led us to the present crisis in the way they use the Internet (using
speed to create minute digital money while law still only considers
guarranties of daily scriptural money). If the US Government is
unable to take care of them, it certainly needs help due to the
impact on the rest of the world, in particular due to the Internet
unilateralism (technology and resulting governance). This help has to
do with Police, Banking regulations, corruption cleaning, renewal of
the political class with people educated in the reality of our present world.

If strength is needed against merchant monopoly to restore a human
centric society (the purpose of the IGF) we have to accept it while
trying to minimize it. Surgical bimillion dollars bombing seems not
to succeded. When this is over, an international diplomatic cleaning
will be necessary before the IGF may efficiently resume in a usefull
and efficeint context.

My hope is that a technical cleaning, i.e. documenting how to unlock
the "presentation" layer, may permit a probably blunt, but complete
reshuffling of the Internet context that Developping Countries could
accept. In Tunis they had been fooled by Martin Boyle's European make
believe attitude which actually helped David Gross to so simply
secure the deal for the USA that he was surprised China here answers
the Martin Boyle's trick repetition by Mrs. Reding - with her
proposition of a G-12. We stop, or China as the 11th member of the
G-12 take steps to impose their vision to the NA and EU reps.
Question: why does not Paul Twomey renew, because he would not sit
there for Australia and IANA, but would do the NZ, through PDT as the
ICANN Chair?
jfc

     governance at lists.cpsr.org