[governance] Report Public Hearing

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Mon May 4 20:09:01 EDT 2009

Ian,
This appears to be a message for the flagpole to see who salutes but even at
this stage, I share your concern.

As I read it, the EU Commissioner's construct emphatically channel a rump of
the G20 as supplanting and increasing the role of the GAC in the current
ICANN dispensation at the expense of civil society actors, including the
At-Large.

Hopefully those from civil society groups in Brussels will make the case for
a more inclusive role for civil society.

Carlton Samuels
The University of the West Indies ALS and member, LACRALO