[governance] EC recommends a "G12" for IG

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Mon May 4 13:26:55 EDT 2009

Viviane Reding recommendation on IG:
- A fully privatized and independent ICANN
- Judicial review (complaints) "by a small, independent international
tribunal" (instead of California court)
- (Governmental) Oversight by a "G12" (geographically balanced)
http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/reding/video/index_en.htm

So, progress on multilateral oversight. Business (and when I say
business, I really mean the business sector) as usual on other
issues. IG seems to be seen as a consumer issue only.

Enjoy!
Meryem

--
Meryem Marzouki - http://www.iris.sgdg.org
IRIS - Imaginons un réseau Internet solidaire

     governance at lists.cpsr.org