[governance] 'Internationalisation workshop'

BAUDOUIN SCHOMBE b.schombe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 13:22:39 EDT 2009

Parminder, I agree this suggestion and this view is logically on the way
after Tunis 2005. IG process must evaluate also action plan and Tunis Agenda
and to know what has been done and what remind to do.
To internationalize IG require a deep debate allowing mulstistakeholders to
built democratically a sustanaible ICT framework for all those are still on
less like in developping countries.

Baudouin

2009/3/24 Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>

> Hi All
>
> Since the theme of 'internationalisation of IG' (loosely put) seem to have
> received early attention in MAG meetings, I suggest we propose one workshop
> on this subject.
> What about 'Democratic internationalization of IG - Exploring various
> institutional options'
>
> The term 'democratic' before internationalisation brings in civil society
> concerns regarding possible use of this term for a simple statist takeover
> of global IG processes.
>
> WGIG report explore some institutional options for such
> internationalisation. Since WSIS documents have to be relatively definitive
>  on such things , these options are not mentioned there, but I think the
> WSIS's IG related follow up processes are precisely to take such
> discussions/ possibilities forward.
>
> There is increasing pressure to move forward on the 'internationalisation'
> issue and it best if civil society takes lead in exploring/ proposing some
> options. In doing so it will help IGF to move forward in its principal
> mandate - that of helping (and if needed nudging forward) global Internet
> policy processes, which includes new institutional  forms, as and when
> needed.
>
> There is going to be  a main session on this theme - our workshop can
> connect to it.
>
> If an early workshop proposal is put by the IGC on the table I expect some
> governmental actors to get also interested.
>
> parminder

SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN
COORDONNATEUR NATIONAL REPRONTIC
COORDONNATEUR SOUS REGIONAL ACSIS/AFRIQUE CENTRALE
MEMBRE FACILITATEUR GAID AFRIQUE
téléphone fixe: +243 1510 34 91
Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243999334571
email:b.schombe at gmail.com <email%3Ab.schombe at gmail.com>
http://akimambo.unblog.fr