[governance] Call for workshop proposals

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Mon Mar 16 10:11:25 EDT 2009

Le 16 mars 09 à 12:04, Ralf Bendrath a écrit :

> Milton L Mueller schrieb:
>
>> As for Net Neutrality, what is the GLOBAL angle on it? What would a
>> discussion contribute that hasn’t already been said.
>
> [...]
> Bottom line: As you may remember, we had a hard time ourselves here
> recently defining what "NN" would mean exactly. So I guess some
> technical
> capacity building could not hurt at all here. ;-)

Exactly, and probably not only _technical_ capacity building. One of
the - many - aspects I'd fbe interested to discuss is the reasons why
some old issues are now being reframed into NN issues, by whom/which
actors, and what are the implications of this reframing.
e.g. content filtering is more an more addressed as a NN issue,
rather than a content censorship (i.e. a right violation) issue.

In any case, an IGC workshop is worth proposing on this theme.
Best,
Meryem

--
Meryem Marzouki - http://www.iris.sgdg.org
IRIS - Imaginons un réseau Internet solidaire

     governance at lists.cpsr.org