MAG meeting summary report -Re: [governance] open consultations

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Wed Mar 4 03:22:43 EST 2009

Hi,

Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> On 03/03/2009, at 6:21 PM, Parminder wrote:
>
>> 2) Another very important development is that concerned dynamic
>> coalition are likely to be associated from the very start with the
>> development of round tables. This first time gives DCs an (important)
>> official role in the IGF process. Significantly, this role is in an
>> area which may soon become the most important and looked-forward-to
>> part of the IGF.
>

> History has shown that there is an inevitable

I don't see anything inevitable in this context. Also, it wasn't because
ICC that the idea of speed dialogues was dropped, there were more people
who didn't like this format. I was one of them. Same is true for
"debates". I wasn't at that meeting but the open consultation's
transcript shows that preferences for one of the other term run across
stakeholder groups. You are constructing a "history" here that hasn't
shown as much as you claim.
jeanette

pulling back from the

     governance at lists.cpsr.org