[governance] open consultations and MAG meeting

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Mon Mar 2 11:25:59 EST 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 04:09:11PM +0000, Jeanette Hofmann (jeanette at wzb.eu) wrote:

> Sorry if I wasn't clear. There seems to be a difference between debates
> about child pornography and child protection. The latter is subject to
> controversies while the first is mentioned as an example for a topic
> ready for more outcome oriented discussion formats such as Round Tables.

I must point out that even child pornography is still subject to
some controversies, both about what the term covers -- does it include
adults looking like children and animation -- and how to best tackle it
-- in particular, does net filtering do more harm than good.

A consensus on the subject seems unlikely, unless it is narrowed down
enough to exclude those points (perhaps justifiable on the grounds that
they can't really be debated without going into child protection).

--
Tapani Tarvainen
     governance at lists.cpsr.org