[governance] 300 million people have spoken with one voice "WE

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Tue Jun 16 15:39:38 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have tried it. Works.

It would be too bad if it did not. I am one of the people making
the Cesidian Root.

The bifurcation of the internet has already happened and cannot be
repaired. There are so many nations running their own DNS if only
to have a means to censor unwanted information.

Each of these counties adds a power of two into the number of
fractions: 2 4 8 16 32

By maintaining our own root we do at least try to put as many of
those fractions together into a single one tree.

China probably has the biggest internet population of the world.
Not including chinese TLDs is like closing your eyes to avoid
a thunderstorm.

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS

http://facthai.wordpress.com/2009/04/30/alternative-dns-to-circumvent-censorship-wikileaks/

Kind regards
Peter

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy wrote:
> Hello,
>

> 2009/6/16 Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu <mailto:mueller at syr.edu>>

>         *From:* publicroot.info <http://publicroot.info>@gmail.com
>         <http://gmail.com> [mailto:publicroot.info at gmail.com
>         <mailto:publicroot.info at gmail.com>] *On Behalf Of *Joe Baptista
>         So - who here can see the Chinese National TLD system?  Who can
>         surf to Peking University at its official web site address used
>         extensively in china
>
>         http://????.??/ <http://xn--1lq90ic7fzpc.xn--fiqs8s/>
>
>         The above URL works for me.
>
>         It doesn't work for me.
>
>         NATIONALIZE YOUR ROOT.
>
>         One of the virtues of the Internet was that it broke
>         communication out of the boxes national governments created for
>         it. One of the reasons we should favor de-nationalization of
>         ICANN is to keep it out of that box.
>
>         Create your own TLD infrastructure that owes no allegiance to
>         ICANN or the U.S. government.
>
>         And fragment the world. Great.
>

> We should thank Joe Baptista for his JPA comments. What he advocates is
> exactly the the threat of fragmentation that the US Government would
> already be considering in its decision to extend the JPA or not. Whether
> the US Government takes into account the postive comments or not, it
> would notice bizarre inputs and be alarmed at the threat of
> fragmentation, which is increasingly becoming real. The solution lies in
> internationalizing ICANN without any further delay, and pave way for a
> stronger ICANN with a balanced governance structure that would appeal to
> all the nations of the world alike.
>
> Sivasubramanian Muthusamy

Peter and Karin Dambier
Cesidian Root - Radice Cesidiana