[governance] 300 million people have spoken with one voice

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Jun 16 14:27:31 EDT 2009

Dear Milton,
What Joe describes in reference to the open roots is the normal
behaviour of any network technology correctly supporting a presentation layer.

The conflict I have with Vint Cerf at the WG-IDNABIS (where he
opposes the way a probable consensus reads the IESG/IAB approved
charter) results from that the Internet actually supports a
presentation layer that can be transparently implemented. There might
be different ways to support a presentation layer. As far I am
concerned I only document the way it can be supported by any user
according to the existing RFCs and proven operations under ICANN
management. I also initiated the "project .fra" which enables some
Internet inhérent but non-yet-used features. It is a test according
to the Internet standardization process and ICANN ICP-3.

Too many years fighting the misunderstood "alt.root" fake issue (that
multiple roots can only colide) have delayed the understanding of the
multilayer:multiledger DNS (ML-DNS) evolution that ICANN asked the
IETF to work on six years ago. Fragmentation as you call it, is a
feature not a bug. The bug is the fear that the existing technology
could not support diversity. My evaluation is that the Internet
technology is actually more resilient than the IAB architecture
thought it is. But it has to be innovatively approached. This is not
that easy because of the involved political or commercial interests
(cd. RFC 3869).

jfc