[governance] Appeals Court Revives the CFIT Anti-Trust Suit

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Sun Jun 7 04:52:36 EDT 2009

On Jun 6, 2009, at 11:00 PM, Ian Peter wrote:

> I welcome posts that I might have read elsewhere if people think the
> subject
> is worth discussing here.

Of course.  Thanks for bring it to our attention Pranesh.  Don't be so
cranky McTim, just use the delete key.

On Jun 6, 2009, at 11:14 PM, Bret Fausett wrote:

> Personally I think this ruling strengthens ICANN, and ICANN's
> independence, as it plainly says that if you abuse the ICANN process
> to gain an anti-competitive advantage, you run afoul of U.S. laws.

Congrats Bret on getting VeriSign in the dock.

Raises again the interesting question of the costs/benefits of being
under US law and what the alternatives might be.  While ICANN's not
going anywhere, it's at least interesting to consider from a
institutional design standpoint.

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org