[governance] Should IGF negotiate recommendations? (Re: IGC

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 08:49:37 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Parminder<parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> Jeanette Hofmann wrote:
>>
>> Sorry Parminder but it is not a good move to isolate Bill in this
>> discussion.
>
> I am not trying to isolate anyone. I am asking for his substantive views,
> and trying to do the same discussion on recs  - why they may need to be made
> and what dangers if any, all the pros and the cons - that his suggested
> 'text' wants the wider community to do. Somehow it is never the right time
> to do such discussions - when we are preparing statements it is not the
> right time, and at other times it isnt the right time either.
>

>> Bill is right, we know from earlier discussions on the matter of
>> recommendations that lots of (otherwise) actively participating members of
>> this caucus are skeptical or opposed to IGF recommendations.

Correct, there are others  besides me.

> Who are these. McTim used be one,

I still am.  Please speak for yourself only.

 but he agrees to the present compromise
> text.

I believe it "will suffer", but can live with "may suffer", as it is
not a significant difference to me.

>IF you can is suggest other names I can try to engage with them.

It's not your job to do this.  The fact is there is opposition to your
views, accept that and let us move fwd please.

--
Cheers,

McTim
     governance at lists.cpsr.org