[governance] Re: 2009 Predictions Survey invitation

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 16 12:52:38 EST 2009

I do not predict but I know.  Mass information at our fingertips is growing. Ease of access and universality is becoming a reality. This we have seen for a decade.  But what we cannot control and what is becoming a common truth is  that we are learning to use this knowledge base.

As it takes a pianist time to master the keys, as it takes an athlete years of training to reach a pinnacle, so it is also true with knowledge. As individuals we are mastering our abilities and it is becoming common place to not only access but to appropriately apply that knowledge.  As individuals master and display and add to others quality of life, they, by example attract others -- we see this in workplace, home and family, school and entertainment.  This synergism is too powerful to control, too good to rein in and invincible in the battlefield of social justice.

We will see in the coming decade a change in paradigm.  Governance will change from the primary need to control those governing to a more enlightened approach of empowering the governed.  Knowledge will begin to replace hype and marketing and soundbites.  Reason with a foundation in truth will begin to replace herd mentality.  The most unnoticeable yet most overwhelming force will be a shift in language communication that will allow those now separated by perceived lack of commonality to become inseparable by common understanding.

There is and will be a major war like never before seen.  It will be the institutionalized machinery of conflict whose main weapon is ignorance versus the universal acceptance of rights and diversity whose main weapon is knowledge and understanding. There is no doubt that in this conflagration that finally reason will triumph.