[governance] On Funding and Incorporation

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 13 13:33:58 EST 2009

I ask a very serious question that seems to not be a "wanted" subject.

Do we want this outreach into the underdeveloped nations and regions so that more individuals in poverty have a voice?

I really do not see the goal outlined anywhere.  Is there another reason for focusing on developing nations?  For the purpose of moving forward in governance, I do not see the connect between this feel good "feed the people" approach and actually developing policy in governance.  What goal is being achieved?  We are not in a position to help them set up their own governance, and they are not in a position to help set up global policy on internet governance.  If we are not extending rights to vote or freedoms heretofor denied or feeding someone -- what are we doing?