[governance] IGC All members should opine: this is important

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:08:02 EST 2009

Hello McTim,

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:14 PM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
> <isolatedn at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Not necessarily. The Internet Governance Caucus is already an
>> organization by itself. What needs to be done, if it suits the IGC, is
>> to formalize the Caucus as a Civil Society Organization which may be
>> by registering the IGC as an International non-profit organization or
>> a Society. But does it suit the IGC to go through these steps?
>

> My sense is no.
>
> What are the projects that we would accomplish with funding?

Yes, there are NO  'projects' for which IGC requires funds. The Caucus
requires funds to fund co-ordinators to attend prelimiary meetings and
funds to support its nominees to attend MAG meetings. A little bit of
money to manage its website.

I recollect that there was a proposal the year before last year to
raise among its members about $30 - 50,000 to fund some basic
requirements. If the Caucus manages to raise as much from one or two
organizations and some of its members, it should be sufficient.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org