[governance] IGC All members should opine: this is important

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Fri Dec 11 23:46:52 EST 2009

My opinion & recollection:

This is deja vu all over again.

We went through a lot of discussion on this list on the issue of incorporating a couple years ago with the bottom line conclusion being that the cost of incorporating IGC and getting on the fund-raising treadmill outweighed benefits.

It's reasonable to ask the question again, but at moment I don't see answer being different.

Since with $ come competition for $ (or Euros or yuan, whatever).

Which in an all-volunteer org - including also many other civil society orgs with their own fund-raising needs - could be quite the distraction.

But I could change my mind if I heard a convincing case on what benefits would be.