[governance] Civil & Political Entitlements, and a Declaration of Religion

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Aug 17 20:24:59 EDT 2009

On 17 Aug 2009, at 19:57, Eric Dierker wrote:

> of an IGF work list.

with great trepidation of being drawn into the comic relief, i feel i
need to point something out:

this is _not_ an IGF work list.
this is _not_ a UN work list as someone else mentioned in another email
this is _not_ an ICANN complaint list as seems so often the case lately

this is the Internet Governance Caucus work list
the IGC is a civil society group focused on Internet Governance that
began during WSIS.
the IGC is a self formed bottom-up organization that developed its
character and its rules over many years of devoted participation by
many people

many of those who formed it originally (i was not among them, but they
have welcomed me and treated me well) are still with it .
(though they are very silent recently for some reason.)

so while it may discuss what goes on in the IGF or the UN or ICANN or
the ITU or WIPO or OECD or any other esteemed fora where Internet
governance is discussed or done, the IGC is not of those places or of
those organizations, just interested in them and interested in
contributing in them.

cheers

a.

ps. i never filter anybody, though sometimes i do read the list with
fear and trepidation.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org