[governance] Trying to "fix" the list

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Wed Aug 12 11:11:47 EDT 2009

I support Avri's idea.

Quite apart from the transparency objective I know we all can support, I am
troubled that expressing a contrary opinion, even if it is less than
collegial or even polite, is seen as cause to censor.

Maybe it's because I am now steeped in the somewhat brutal politics of
academia.........but a bruised ego should be acceptable collateral damage in
any full and frank discussion.

Carlton Samuels