[governance] ICANNs CEO & President

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Apr 17 14:55:50 EDT 2009

In message
<2DA93620FC07494C926D60C8E3C2F1A8718E08 at server1.medienkomm.uni-halle.de>,
at 15:16:35 on Fri, 17 Apr 2009, "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang"
<wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de> writes
>During the Mexico At Large Summit we called for more transparncy in
>ICANN procedures. I do not know what other members of the list are
>thinking but my understanding is that at least some transparency in the
>process would be important to build trust and institutional confidence
>into the future of ICANN. I understand very well - as a former
>Associated Chair of the NomCom - that some elements of the process has
>to be handled in a confidential way. However the CEO& President is
>different from an ordinary ICANN Director and it would be helpful for
>the whole community and the various constituencies that they are - in
>one way or another - informed and partly also involved in the process.

A first step would surely be to publish the Job Description given to the
headhunters. They we would know the sort of criteria they are searching
for. Has that been done?
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org