[governance] NN Workshop proposal

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:14:31 EDT 2009

I agree with Carlos. While I like Milton's basic proposal, with a global
theme,

MM: "in particular examine how consensus in the developed world might affect
*infrastructure development* in middle income and developing countries."

I think it is also important to continue the emphasis (as Milton does) on
developing countries, but adding a greater emphasis on how it will affect
final USERS. The Internet exists for the sake of the users, not so the ISPs
can make money. Yes, they need incentives, they will not provide services
for free, nor should they. But ISPs/infrastructure have capable, strong,
loud voices. Users, especially in developing countries, must also have a
coherent global strategy.

Can we say something like:

"in particular examine how consensus on infrastructure in the developed
world might affect final users, particularly in middle income and developing
countries."

This is an important concept and workshop, but I think that ultimately it
must be about how NN will affect the final user.

Thanks, gp

Ginger

Ms. Virginia (Ginger) Paque

DiploFoundation