[governance] HAPPY EASTER/PESSACH to all of you and families + lots of chocolate!

Vanda Scartezini vanda at uol.com.br
Thu Apr 9 11:34:08 EDT 2009

Vanda Scartezini

POLO Consultores Associados

&  IT Trend

Alameda Santos 1470 cjs 1407/8

01418-903 Sao Paulo,SP.

Fone + 55 11 3266.6253

Mob + 5511 8181.1464

From: Marilia Maciel [mailto:mariliamaciel at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 6:57 PM
To: governance at lists.cpsr.org; Ginger Paque
Cc: Milton L Mueller
Subject: Re: [governance] General Workshop Proposal procedure (response to

Dear Milton and all,

I understand your concern and I have to confess that it also makes me feel
unsecure to leave such a wide margin of decision on the hands of the MAG.

On the other hand, there was a negative aspect on the model that was in
place until last year, regarding the organization of the workshops, in my
opinion. If the free arrangements between workshop proposers allowed people
with the same frame of mind to get together, it also lacked transparency and
openness.

It allowed pals to define a workshop proposal and make it public when
everything was agreed, no other organizer could be included (with real
space) and no important adjustment to the main theme could be made.

I believe it´s good to start this debate early and carry it publicly. But I
also agree that we should follow this process closely, and don´t leave it
all to MAG. This should be seriously debated and I am glad that you
mentioned it.

Best regards,

Marília