[governance] Comments on draft Programme Paper

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed Apr 8 09:41:54 EDT 2009

I also sent a comment:

Thank you for the opportunity to comment on the programme paper.

There is broad agreement that national and regional IGF initiatives
have been a great success, providing opportunities to share
knowledge, experience and expertise. They have great potential to
realize many of the capacity building and development goals of the
IGF, as well as bringing developing countries' interests and needs to
global IGF discussions.

In addition to the reporting session proposed for the morning of the
first day of the 2009 IGF, I recommend one of the round table
discussions is used to give representatives of national and regional
IGFs the opportunity to discuss their activities and outcomes.

The round table format is well suited for sharing and discussing best
practices, challenges and solutions, various needs and even any
recommendations. The agenda for this round table should be developed
by the organizers and participants of national and regional IGF
initiatives in light of their respective activities and outcomes
during the year.

Thank you,

Adam Peake
Tokyo