[governance] Committing to Workshop Proposals

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Apr 6 04:48:11 EDT 2009

Just so its entirely clear -

If IGC as such is going to signon to a workshop proposal, we need to be able
to view the proposal in its form for submission and leave adequate time for
people to comment (or object is they feel to do so). The format for
submissions needs to include

   1. Propose a title for a workshop (not more then 10 words)

   2. Provide a concise description of the workshop (not more than 200
words)

   3. Does the workshop fall under any of the five broad IGF Themes
(Critical Internet Resources, Openness, Security, Access, Diversity) or
under the cross-cutting priorities (development, capacity building)?  If so
which one? (Please select the most appropriate one.)

   4. Have you organized an IGF workshop before? If so, please provide the
link to the report.

   5. Would you like to organize the workshop yourself?
         1. If so, who would you approach as co-organizers ?
         2. If not, who do you think should organize it?

So that's what we need to see for each proposal. As submissions are only
about nine days away, we really need to see a formal proposal by say
Thursday this week to have adequate time for comments.

By all means approach others to formulate a proposal!

Ian Peter
PO Box 429
Bangalow NSW 2479
Australia
Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
www.ianpeter.com

     governance at lists.cpsr.org