[governance] Committing to Workshop Proposals

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 23:58:57 EDT 2009

Several excellent ideas have been proposed for IGF 2009 Workshops to be
submitted in conjunction with the IGC. As the deadline of April 15 is
approaching very fast, we ask that those interested in a particular workshop
post to the list advising their desire to submit a workshop proposal in
conjunction with the IGC and at the same time their commitment to prepare
and post the proposal back to the list. Please post your interest and
commitment as soon as possible--within the next day or so--and then the
proposal in the IGF format (see
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/index.php/component/content/article/386-templ
ate-for-workshop-proposals ) within a week.

Workshops that had been proposed:
Workshop on Online educational techniques
Workshop on the role of Government in IG
Workshop on developing a zero carbon Internet
Workshop on Net Neutrality ('NN - What is the GLOBAL angle on it')
Internationalisation workshop
Workshop on awareness and practical applications for people with
disabilities
Workshop on e-crimes, legislation and experiences
Workshop on Remote Participation

The RPWG (Remote Participation Working Group) has notified their agreement
to prepare the RP Workshop proposal for submission in conjunction with the
IGC.

Thanks. We look forward to reading the concrete proposals. Best, Ginger

     governance at lists.cpsr.org