[governance] You won't believe this.

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Fri Apr 3 19:05:33 EDT 2009

It follows more or less the reeommednation of a lengthy report on cybersecurity and with receommednations for the next president which was done by the CSIS based on interviews with about 100 mainly US experts (including some ICANN guyes like Steve Crocker). But also the report has only indirect connections with the ICANN issues (if you see IANA as a special issue which is not really under control of ICANN). My conclusion from the CSIS report was already in december that we will see a totally new agenda for the internet and the "old isses" will more or less become of secondary importance. Lets wait and see how long it will need that G 7/G 20 will discover that cybersecurity is also a security issue for their national agendas ....

Wolfgang