[governance] ICANN Geneva meeting Mon 15 Sep

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 7 23:21:19 EDT 2008

Kieren and all,

  This is a good idea, but a little short notice.  Thanks!  >:)

  I will not be able to attend personally with such short notice,
but I will advise our members in the immediate area to do so.

Kieren McCarthy wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> For any of you going to Geneva next week for the IGF prep meeting, or
> if you live in Geneva or near to Geneva, can I cordially invite you to
> a special ICANN meeting on the Monday 15 September at 8am at the Hotel
> Royal on Rue de Lausanne (the road that links Cornavin with the UN).
>
> The meeting is part of a series of regional consultative meetings we
> are running as part of the "Improving Institutional Confidence"
> consultation.
>
> What is that?
>
> It is a number of proposals developed by the President's Strategy
> Committee to address comments made in the recent Midterm Review of the
> Joint Project Agreement
> (http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/jpamidtermreview.html).
>
> There are three IIC documents, outlined at the Paris meeting in June
> and which have already been through one public comment period. A
> second comment period on revised documents is due to start very soon.
> You can find all three documents, as well as summaries of previous
> comments and input at:
>
> http://www.icann.org/en/jpa/iic/ (English)
>
> http://www.icann.org/fr/jpa/iic/ (Français)
>
> http://www.icann.org/es/jpa/iic/ (Español)
>
> We expect revised documents to be available in English before the
> meeting.
>
> The goal of the meeting is to explain proposed improvements to the
> ICANN's multi-stakeholder model and hear participants' views. There
> will be opportunities for verbal and written input during this
> meeting, and this input will be thoroughly considered by ICANN's
> President's Strategy Committee for transmission to the ICANN Board.
>
> Members of the President’s Strategy Committee and ICANN staff will be
> present:
>
>     * Marilyn Cade (United States), President's Strategy Committee
> member
>
>     * Yrjö Länsipuro (Finland), President's Strategy Committee member
>
>     * Theresa Swinehart (ICANN staff), Vice President, Global and
> Strategic Partnerships
>
>     * Massimiliano Minisci (ICANN staff), Regional Relations Manager
> for Europe,
>
>     * Kieren McCarthy (ICANN staff), General Manager of Public
> Participation, ICANN
>
> DATE: Monday 15 September 2008
>
> TIME: 08:00 sharp till 09:30am (a buffet breakfast will be available
> from 07:45)
>
> PLACE: Hotel Royal, 41 rue de Lausanne (room: Rousseau A), Geneva,
> Switzerland
>
> If you are interested in attending, please REGISTER by following this
> link:

> http://www.icann.org/en/jpa/iic/meetings/geneva.htm
>
> ---------------
>
> http://www.icann.org/it/jpa/iic/ (Italiano)
>
> http://www.icann.org/de/jpa/iic/ (Deutsch)
>
> http://www.icann.org/pt/jpa/iic/ (Português)
>
> -----------------
>
> Thanks and I look forward to seeing you there
>
> Kieren

> [...]

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com