[governance] ICANN Geneva meeting Mon 15 Sep

Kieren McCarthy kieren.mccarthy at icann.org
Mon Sep 8 20:06:26 EDT 2008

Hello all,

For any of you going to Geneva next week for the IGF prep meeting, or if you live in Geneva or near to Geneva, can I cordially invite you to a special ICANN meeting on the Monday 15 September at 8am at the Hotel Royal on Rue de Lausanne (the road that links Cornavin with the UN).

The meeting is part of a series of regional consultative meetings we are running as part of the "Improving Institutional Confidence" consultation.

What is that?

It is a number of proposals developed by the President's Strategy Committee to address comments made in the recent Midterm Review of the Joint Project Agreement (http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/jpamidtermreview.html).

There are three IIC documents, outlined at the Paris meeting in June and which have already been through one public comment period. A second comment period on revised documents is due to start very soon. You can find all three documents, as well as summaries of previous comments and input at:

http://www.icann.org/en/jpa/iic/ (English)

http://www.icann.org/fr/jpa/iic/ (Français)

http://www.icann.org/es/jpa/iic/ (Español)

We expect revised documents to be available in English before the meeting.

The goal of the meeting is to explain proposed improvements to the ICANN's multi-stakeholder model and hear participants' views. There will be opportunities for verbal and written input during this meeting, and this input will be thoroughly considered by ICANN's President's Strategy Committee for transmission to the ICANN Board.

Members of the President's Strategy Committee and ICANN staff will be present:

    * Marilyn Cade (United States), President's Strategy Committee member
    * Yrjö Länsipuro (Finland), President's Strategy Committee member
    * Theresa Swinehart (ICANN staff), Vice President, Global and Strategic Partnerships
    * Massimiliano Minisci (ICANN staff), Regional Relations Manager for Europe,
    * Kieren McCarthy (ICANN staff), General Manager of Public Participation, ICANN

DATE: Monday 15 September 2008
TIME: 08:00 sharp till 09:30am (a buffet breakfast will be available from 07:45)
PLACE: Hotel Royal, 41 rue de Lausanne (room: Rousseau A), Geneva, Switzerland

If you are interested in attending, please REGISTER by following this link:

http://www.icann.org/en/jpa/iic/meetings/geneva.htm

---------------

http://www.icann.org/it/jpa/iic/ (Italiano)

http://www.icann.org/de/jpa/iic/ (Deutsch)

http://www.icann.org/pt/jpa/iic/ (Português)

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you there

Kieren

Kieren McCarthy
General manager of public participation, ICANN
http://www.icann.org