[governance] Inputs for synthesis paper

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 2 05:26:42 EDT 2008

McTim and all,

  Behold, wonders are never predictable.  Someday Google will
not be such a prolific spammer.  And when that occurs, it will
be a wonder to behold!  >:)  But alas, I have great doubt that
such will occur in my lifetime.

McTim wrote:

> All,

> > I oppose this language. As I have made clear, I don't think there is such a
> > thing as a collective right, or a positive right that is meaningful in this
> > context, and have no idea what is meant by "cultural rights" -- except that
> > people have spent centuries violating all kinds of rights -- expression,
> > association, life -- in an attempt to protect collectivities or cultures.
> >

> Agreed, I think we are really over-reaching here.
>
> > I see that Parminder has chosen to ignore extensive evidence of contention
> > around this issue on the list, and apparently thinks he can put his own
> > views into our mouths. As always, we can engage with these disagreements
> > honestly, or dishonestly; i.e., we can recognize in the statement
> > differences of views about what rights are and how they are defined, or we
> > one faction that is temporarily dominant and holding the pen.
>
> I am agreeing 2x in one mail with Milton, will wonders never cease? ;-)
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> McTim
> mctim.blogspot.com

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com