SV: SV: SV: SV: SV: [governance] Re: Why standards from ISO are not

Kicki Nordström kicki.nordstrom at srfriks.org
Tue Sep 2 04:24:33 EDT 2008

Dear   again Catherine,

Thanks a lot for a very good contribution, and I am happy for your statistics, that is beyond the ratification number of the CRPD! I am very happy also for your understanding of the grave problem copyright issues makes to us! Just a small example of a similar limitation, the Library of Congress in the USA, produce talking books, both cassettes, Braille or on DAISY for blind and visually impaired persons, but you are not allowed, due to national copyright limitations, to borrow a book from the USA that is produce in the USA! But if you live in the UK you are allowed to borrow that book! I have tried to just for a short time read a book produced in the USA, but I was not allowed so now this book has to be produced in Sweden! In Sweden we have accepted to allow for international loans and  but how will this be developed then we, everyone, can download books from internet?

In Sweden we do already provide "stream reading" from internet for students!

Yours
Kicki

Kicki Nordström
Synskadades Riksförbund (SRF)