[governance] Inputs for synthesis paper

Jaco Aizenman skorpio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 03:14:11 EDT 2008

Dear Tapani,

Agree with your position.

The next question may be, who has a right to *exist* at that place, at the
Internet...?.

One answer is that humans have that right.

This *Internet existence right,* is protected in the Costa Rican *virtual
personality* fundamental right (Internet Bill of Rights).

Best regards,

Jaco

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <
tapani.tarvainen at effi.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 10:58:39AM -0700, Sylvia Caras (
> sylvia.caras at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > A suggestion that is philosophic not stylistic is whether to
> > capitalize 'internet'.  I think we should not.  The internet
> > technology seems to me no longer a brand but rather absorbed into
> > ordinary civil life and doesn't need the differentiation.
>
> I agree it's a philosophical rather than stylistic issue,
> but disagree with your conclusion.
>
> I tend to see "internet " and "Internet " as two different things:
> the former a technology, the latter a place. And place names
> are proper nouns and should capitalized, however common
> (like, say, Moon).
> So, "internet protocol" but "in the Internet", &c.
>
> In the present context I suggest Internet is better seen as a place,
> a unique such, and thus should be capitalized.
>
> --
> Tapani Tarvainen

Jaco Aizenman L.
My iname is =jaco (http://xri.net/=jaco)