FW: [Bill-of-Rights] [governance] germany plans citizen

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 11 20:54:15 EDT 2008

Hakikur and all,

  Exactly right!  Any state recognized and enforced "Right" implies
or sometimes directly mandates certain responsibilities that can
be specifically defined and may not be what we have or had in
mind.

  With that said, government sponsored or mandated Email for
example would not be something I would support as in could,
and likely would mitigate ones privacy and other freedoms, such
as freedom of speech or expression.

Hakikur Rahman wrote:

> A noteworthy remark. We have to be careful what we wish for in the
> name of 'Right to the Internet' or 'Bill of Internet Right'.
>
> Best regards,
> Hakik
>
> At 11:04 AM 10/12/2008, Michael Gurstein wrote:
>
>> Thanks very much for this Jaco, a very very interesting (and
>> probably necessary) linkage between a "Right to the Internet" as
>> Parminder suggests is implied by the German program, and "An
>> Internet Bill of Rights" (A Bill of Internet Rights?)... especially
>> necessary in situations where a "Right to the Internet" becomes a
>> state imposed obligatory use of the Internet... (be careful what you
>> wish for ;-)
>>
>> MG

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com