[governance] Mercenaries on the list

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Sat May 24 15:22:54 EDT 2008

Hi

Please do not confuse current criteria for membership of anything with
the possibility of being a mercenary - so, therefore, whatever I have
said on this or similar subjects has NOTHING to do with membership of
MAG!

NO, I would NOT support "the notion that people can't be excluded
because of their employer". I FULLY support questioning the
credentials of some of those who would like to pose as representing
"us". Especially those sympathetic of ICANN. I have no problem putting
my name behind the likes of APC, CIVICUS, Third Sector (Brazil), etc,
or similar.

Best regrards,

Rui

> fine, so you agree then that existing IG bodies are CS, and staff
>  members of such should not be excluded as a class from being nominated
>  to the MAG by the IGC?

 exactly the situation we have been discussing so vociferously
>  in the other threads.  The rights of a whole class of people have been
>  abrogated by a non-transparent decision by our 2008 Nomcom.
>
>  Would you support codifying into the charter the notion that folk
>  can't be excluded for selection because of the name of their employer?

>  >  4. Mercenaries
>  >
>  >  But, Suresh, perhaps, we should ask YOU to define Civil Society,
>  >  seeing that you seem to know it all, judging by the the number of
>  >  topics you adjudge yourself to be an expert on and therefore qualified
>  >  to comment on - basically anything on this list. Has anybody ever
>  >  brought up the energy properties of dog poo?
>

> not recently IIRC.
>

>  Do you have any opinion
>  >  on that?
>

> I do. it smells bad and is an inefficient fuel when compared to
>  Buffalo or even cow pats.
>

>  >
>  >  And before anybody starts shouting "ad hominem" (sexist as it is), it
>  >  is not and Suresh will acknowledge that he comment on EVERYTHING.
>  >
>  >  Waiting to hear his views on the energy properties of dog poo.
>

> I bet he "close follows me" on this one. ;-)
>

>  --
>
> Cheers,
>
>  McTim
>  $ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,
South Africa