[governance] how to un-digg?

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed May 21 13:23:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

It really is a consideration as to whether the journalist agreed to
allow Adam to read before publication.  If he did, and did not follow
through then he behaved badly.    I do not think that having a signed
piece of paper would matter, nor contacting the editor. If the
journalist is going to be dishonorable, it is  almost certain that he
or she is doing so with the complicity of the editor and pieces of
paper mean very very little - except as kindling.

I think the only reasonable policy is to say as little as possible to
the press and only when it suits your purposes, and when you do, know
for sure that they are going to mangle your words to suit their
political and sales objectives.  And if, perchance, you find one who
is honorable and does a truthful job, thank your lucky stars for you
will have met something as rare as truth.  And of course then you can
feel free to talk to that one again. In fact I would recommend you
treat the press as you would any other stranger on the street or on
the net, with great caution until you know them and their reputation.

a.

Ps. no condemnation meant against the few members of the press that
participate in the civil society lists.  I expect you are among the
rare ones - otherwise the nonsense of this list would have long since
amused interested readers worldwide.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org